Fielding International, a global leader in school design, is searching for an Architectural Designer to join us in making the world better by improving environments for learning. The ideal candidate is curious by nature, passionate about learning, contributes to a collaborative working environment, can handle complexity and chaos, is cool under pressure, and is passionate about how thoughtful design strategies can innovate the learning environment.
We are looking for entry to mid-level designers in our Minneapolis, Detroit, and Washington D.C. locations. Our small informal studios embrace a culture where collaboration is encouraged, ambition is valued, and diverse thought is celebrated. We build international teams across our studios to help schools solve complex learning and space challenges. We are looking for people to join our community and grow with our company.
- Professional degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or other related field
- Ability to embrace iterative design while working in a collaborative environment
- Proficient in an array of graphics, 3D modeling, and BIM software
- Strong design and graphic communication skills demonstrated in a variety of media
- Flexible, organized, and self-directed individual with the ability to multitask
- Experience with how design can impact social change, wellness, and/or sustainability
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- Work as part of a collaborative team to provide planning, design, and coordination of educational projects, with domestic and international travel opportunities provided
- Attend and actively participate in project team and research discussions around the evolution of learning and innovative design
- Make recommendations and consult clients on related project concerns
- Design and prepare deliverables for projects ranging from Visioning to Design Development
- Assist with material and furniture specifications, interior design, and coordination of architectural drawings
- Participate in marketing efforts and client engagement presentations
We offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, a wellness reimbursement program, and generous paid time off.
We strive to create a culture that values and reflects each individual’s personal needs. Our goal is to sustain a diverse community of designers and thinkers in a culture that is collaborative, supportive and encouraging—a place where you are pushed to do the best work of your life and enjoy working each day!
Please send your CV and Work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please indicate the location you are interested in joining and answer the following question: How can you help us make the world better by improving environments for learning?